Wednesday 5 October 2011

The car that's a heap of junk

Honest John doesn't have a kind word to say about the Peugeot 1007.


By

Blunder bus

I'm very interested in the Peugeot 1007, but only ever read bad reviews. Are they that bad? The specification seems to include almost everything you could want. I understand they are still popular on mainland Europe and you can pick up a very nice example for about £3,500.

DD, Letchworth

The 1007 was based on the Citroën C2... and was a heap of junk cars that got the go-ahead on the basis of flawed research. Sliding doors each side were the main selling point, but the mechanisms are prone to failure. That's why 1007s are cheap. They are neither nice to drive nor practical, so spend your money on something else.


NEWS SOURCE

3 comments:

alanterrill said...

This is rubbish -I've had one for 18 months now and its a great car. No trouble with the doors nor anything else. Quiet and smooth to drive and great mpg -I get 58mpg on average on the 1.4 diesel version. The height is great for someone 6ft 3ins like me and the seating is comfortable and the visibility great. The fact that the front passenger seat alkso folds means you can get lengths of wood in easily. Its very good on space for such a short car. I'd make the most of the fat that they go for very little secondhand and takea chance. I'll admit the acceleration is sluggish but if you're a calm driver like me its fine. I don't feel the need to leap into small gaps in traffic.

Solar Butterfly said...

Fantastic blog! I hope you never stop! This is one of the best blogs Ive ever read and This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants To sell junker. the website is very helpful for who are selling junker.i suggest all my friends that this website was very usefull..
nice blog
Thnak for sharing
Car Breakers

egonspenglorr said...

Yes, junk cars are of no good. But if you know how to sell it at right place, you can get good price for it. Same like car accessories dubai is better to be bought with Star Wheeler if you are in UAE.